Hearing the word Wedding invokes a state on euphoria in a bride-to-be as well the expected guests. Girls belonging to all the cultures, modern or old-fashioned, carry the same fantasies and dreams of celebrating that day with the utmost preparation. For this specific reason, every girl carries an anticipation of that special day and keeps an elaborate idea of the requirements needed for that day.
Many essential components constitute a bride’s perfect look for her perfect day. The most important yet often ignored requisite of a bridal complete up is the choice of the Bridal Jewelry.
First and foremost, choose the bridal dress as it would help determine the type of jewelry to get for the Special Day. The types of Lehanga (Eastern Bridal dress) vary in accordance with the theme or idea of the wedding. The most common subject of the ceremonies is traditional, modern, simple, flowing, old world or romantic.
The bridal jewelry should reflect the chosen feel and look. The following points may prove to be helpful in deciding the bridal jewelry:
- Match the type of sparkle used in the dress.
- Use crystals with crystals.
- Look for a headpiece (jhomar, tikka, bindiya) with similar detailing.
- Choose the jewelry keeping in mind the neckline of the Lehanga.
- For simple light color Lehanga, select an elaborate necklace with drops or a gorgeous choker.
- Mirror the neckline of the Lehanga. For example: For V-necked or sweet-heart necked Lehanga, choose V-shape or Y-shape necklace.
- The Lehangas with high necklines do not require heavier necklaces. Hence, such brides should search for chandelier ear rings.
- The most traditional element for a bride is a “Nathli”. Selection of jewelry needs to be complemented with the usage of the the nathli. A lower placed nathli looks gorgeous with appropriately encrusted diamantes.
- If a bride decides not to go for a nathli, there are some original options available. The use of elegant nosepin with or without piecering will give a modern, chic and whimsical feel to the whole make-up of the bride.
- The length of the bride’s hair plays a significant role in the choice of the bridal jewelry. For short-haired brides, the jewelry should very delicate, subtle and light. As a lot of pinning would not seem clean for these brides, they should opt for lighter headpiece. For long-haired brides, the selection of the jewelry depends considerably on the styling of the hair.
- Hair color is another fundamental point to be kept in mind. Darker hair colors are better complimented with the jewelry which consists of diamantes and crystals in the specific color combination of the wedding dress. Whereas, white diamonds, white gold or pale jewels go elegantly with the lighter hair color.
- The most crucial point to be remembered by every bride is NOT TO OVERDO it.
- And most importantly, every wedding has a budget. Purchase your wedding jewelry that fits budget.
In the end of it all, it is the most auspicious day for any girl as she, for once in her life, gets to be the Queen of the gathering. She should enjoy all her hard work with an enigmatic smile because a perfect smile is the best jewel of all.